Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lean On Me

My fiance's brother passed away this past weekend. It's a very difficult time for her and her family. We're all flying out to New York tomorrow for a memorial service. I feel bad that this happened, but I'm most concerned about her and making sure she gets through this ok.

There's so many ways of seeing and getting through a situation like this. Everyone has their two cents and own, sometimes personal, experience in this area, which I believe is always good to hear. There's only so much I can say, but mostly I just listen.

It can be times like this too that people start really questioning the existence of God and the afterlife. Perhaps if they do believe in God, they then question the reason behind taking a life such as this. I am not a follower of any religion and I suppose would be considered an atheist. All I do know is I strongly believe that there is more to "life" than what we see. I truly believe there is something beyond this physical world, but what it is I don't know. Is this where we'll end up after physical death? My belief is yes. I truly hope as well that this is where we'll find all of our lost loved ones. Some may call it heaven, some call it a parallel dimension, some simply of place filled with light and love. They're all nice concepts, and I certainly hope it is the case.

I love you Sarah, and I'm so sorry for what's happened.

Aaron

1 comment:

Some Wacky Designer said...

I love you too.
xoxo - sarah