Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day at the Museum





We were in New York over the fourth of July as I previously mentioned for a funeral. There were some sights of the city we got a chance to get out and see though. Although I've been there before and probably should start seeing new things when I go, we were at the American Museum of Natural History. I love it there. It's so massive and full of rich artifacts, and well...history. They had many animal displays, which I of course gravitated to. If you didn't know, the name of this post is a play off the movie "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller, which was based around this museum. The outside shots are right on, but much of the interior shots were altered for the movie.
I like New York. I still don't think I'd want to live there, but I like it. It's a good walkin' city, and of course there's tons to do, eat, and see. People are definitely on the move there. I wouldn't say rushed, but just moving.
Sarah and I did get to see fireworks over the Statue of Liberty on the 4th. It was really nice, but apparently an even bigger show happens on the lower west side of the island. That's ok though, we loved what we saw.

No comments: