Monday, March 12, 2012

Dream


About a year ago I had a dream I've never forgotten. I've had many I remember when I wake up, but they eventually seem to fade out of memory. This one really stuck though. It was nighttime and I was in a park with someone else (I don't know who). There was a man talking to us. He was more than a man though, he was a sort of oracle/wiseman. He looked like an average joe businessman, dressed in a suit and wearing a long trench coat over it. I remember distinctly though that he was huge, maybe about 8 ft. tall or more. He was explaining to us that he
had the ability to distinguish those who had a gift and were extraordinary. He was explaining this for awhile when he stopped, looked at me, slowly smiled, and said "There's something special about you, isn't there?". I remember sheepishly looking away, nodding my head, and that's when I woke up.
Rarely a day goes by when I don't think of it and its significance. I've always worked hard, but ever since then I've made it a point to go that extra mile in pursuing my dreams and goals to find out if what was stated in my dream is really true.

No comments: