Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A.O.T.D. (Animal of the Day) Cheetah


I'm not going to talk much about cheetahs since I've already done much about them in earlier posts. One quick fact I will throw in is cheetahs are only member of the large cats that doesn't roar. When they fight they sort of sound like women yelling and screaming. It's actually kinda scary. They're built for running being the fastest land animal, however because of their slender frame, they're not good fighters. When they kill prey, they eat at lightening speed because if any predators come along to steal their meal, they will not fight.

Much of my animal art is heavily inspired by wildlife artist Kim Donaldson. Unfortunately he doesn't have a website, but here's a few samples. I have a book of his that's so beautiful called Africa: An Artist's Journal. I came across it amazingly in Borders' bargain section years back when I was in school for $5! I've since seen it on Amazon for $60! ZING! Anywho, amazing artist, born and raised in South Africa. He'll spend weeks at a time in the bush studying, sketching, and painting animals. I'm hoping to visit South Africa myself some day.

No comments: